Information in English
The Swedish Association of Public Purchasers
c/o Föreningshuset, Virkesvägen 26 120 30 Stockholm
+46 8 21 61 40
The Swedish Association of Public Purchasers – SOI
The Swedish Association of Public Purchasers (SOI) is a non-profit association of some 1300 public purchasers and public procurement officers.
SOI is promoting the development of a professional procurement for the public sector, by
* Increasing the members knowledge in business skills
* Making the best use of the experience of the members
* Influencing the decision-makers on public procurement
* Exchange of knowledge nationally and internationally
This is achieved, amongst others, by means of
* Training activities
* A member magazine
* An electronic newsletter
* A website
* Representation in external organizations
* A representative board
* An annual conference with a high number of participants and a programme contributing to business skills development.
* A biennial conference in co-operation with the other Nordic countries.
* Responding to government legal proposals on public procurement legislation.
* A board with advisory groups for training activities, conferences, editorial of magazine.
* A competence programme in three steps which leads to Certified Procurement Officer SOI
* An academic course in public procurement, starting at least once a year.
* The membership magazine “Affärer” (Business) is edited quarterly.
* An updated and member oriented website supporting network activities
* An annual scholarship is awarded to one of its members to mark meritorious work in the field of public procurement.